8th Grade Trip: Tampa, FL Jan.14-17, 2021
- Round trip ground transportation
- Sightseeing transportation
- Admission fees
- Course Leader
- Field Journals
- 24 Hour Emergency Support
- Quality hotel accommodations
- All meals
- Evening activities
- Accident/health insurance
- Night chaperones in hotel
- Online educational resources
- Online at www.worldstrides.com/signup (use Trip ID #170919)
- By phone - Call WorldStrides Customer Service Team at 1 800 468-5899
Day 1 : Welcome to Florida!
- Arrive in Tampa, FL: Meet your WorldStrides representative and get ready for your action-packed adventure in Florida.
- Hotel check-in:
- Orientation: Meet your Course Leader
- Pizza dinner and pool party:
Day 2 : Manatees and more!
- American Pro Dive Shop: Get outfitted with snorkel gear and receive a lesson in snorkel safety from expert divers.
- Crystal River: Snorkel with the Manatees: Board a pontoon boat and navigate the Crystal River in search of manatees. Your guide will educate you on the history and conservation of the endangered manatee.
- Rainbow River: Discover abundant wildlife as you swim to the bottom of the crystal-clear water in search of prehistoric sharks’ teeth, which are being released as the underground limestone caverns erode.
- Homosassa Springs State Wildlife Park: View endemic species, including American alligators, river otters, and bobcats. Descend into an underwater observatory to photograph West Indian manatees up close.
- Return to hotel:
Day 3 : Continue to explore Florida's natural world!
- Coastal Connections: Explore one of Florida’s most popular beaches at Fort DeSoto State Park. Participate in a shark dissection, kayak through the mangroves, and participate in a coastal clean-up on the beach beside a historic fort from the Spanish-American War. Then, grab a net to explore marine life in the nearby seagrass beds.
- Depart for Clearwater, FL:
- Clearwater Marine Aquarium: This incredible facility believes in preserving both marine life and the environment while inspiring the human spirit through leadership in education, research, rescue, rehabilitation, and release. Tour this marine life rescue center, then get hands-on with a squid dissection.
- Clearwater Beach: Take the opportunity to discover this beautiful Gulf Coast beach. Enjoy a stroll and a chance to discover!
- Return to Tampa:
Day 4 : Walk on the Wild Side!
- Breakfast and hotel check-out:
- Busch Gardens®: Embark on an adventure to the wild side at Busch Gardens® Tampa Bay, where you will come face-to-face with more than 2,500 exotic creatures; explore the fascinating cultures of faraway lands; and experience some of the most thrilling rides in the Southeast!
- African Safari: Journey through the African veldt on an open truck tour to discover the magnificent wildlife inhabiting this 65-acre Serengeti Plain. Your professional wildlife expert will introduce you to an array of exotic species, including zebras, giraffes, and rare white rhinos. You'll find many opportunities to photograph these incredible animals and the breathtaking views!
- Lunch at the park:
- Busch Gardens® Exhibits: Explore a variety of animal interactions, thrilling coasters, and fascinating shows.
- Depart Tampa for home.: